Winter Farmer's Market @ Hope Artiste Village

Today was my first time at the Hope Artiste village on Main Street in Pawtucket, RI and therefore my first time at the Farm Fresh RI Winter Market. It opens up at 9am on Saturdays, and get there early because parking goes fast. I parked down a hill in a dirt lot looking out over Interstate 95 and dragging my butt back up to the mill building. You know its gonna be good when there are food trucks parked out front and happy shoppers leaving with their reusable bags chock full of produce. MY PEOPLE!
It is as magical inside as it is scary on the outside. I promise.

Up the hill I go.

The front entrance on Main Street.


Upon entering the mill, I felt instantly transported. This magical place is in Pawtucket?! The ancient hard wood and cobblestone floors are gorgeous and the whole place smells like a bakery. Really, it smells like ten bakeries all mingling together because that is basically what is happening. The shops that occupy space in the village year round are tucked in behind vendors who come just on the weekends. Since it is a beautiful farmer's market spread, there are many bakers. Being the Ocean State, there is plenty of seafood on hand as well. I scooped up fresh eggs, pea greens, and cat grass for my girl, Agatha. Plenty of meat vendors and specialty items too like pickles, jams, jellies, cheeses, donuts...
Small, tired person in need of sugar going in ahead of me.
I wish I didn't work most Saturdays so that I could hit this up on the regular. The market moves back outside to the park at the end of Hope Street in May 2017.
.......................................................
For updates on my wanderings find me on Instagram @mrsbonvec.

Comments

Popular Posts