Wayland Bakery

Away from the more often walked section of Wayland Square, Wayland Bakery has been around since 1928. You can read a short history of the bakery on their website. I think it is highly underrated and probably because it has a lot of competition within the city limits. Seven Stars, North, Pastiche, LaSalle...all of these bakeries and more are within the same area and some of them have multiple locations. 

My favorite thing to bring to football night is a box of pastries. While I love to bake, I just don't have time on the weekends so I'll roll over to Wayland Bakery on my lunch break and pick up a box of creme puffs or eclairs or mini cannoli or raspberry squares or cheesecake brownies...you get the point. The cookie case is always full of kid-friendly looking concoctions with character faces iced on sugar cookies. The single slices of cake look moist and amazing. There are always muffins, danishes, and turnovers to go with a cup of coffee. Pizza strips are available on the counter, and lunch sandwiches are made to order. 

The best part? The prices! I am unashamed to say that I have been to many of the area bakeries many a time. Bakeries are my jam. Therefore, I can confidently say that the pricing at Wayland Bakery is very low compared to some of their competitors. 

Would I go back? Yeah, I'm going right now. 

Comments

Popular Posts