Cook and Brown Public House

Last night we hit Cook & Brown Public House on Hope Street for date night. To bullet point the evening:

  • great flavors
  • mid-range prices
  • slow but friendly service
  • FRIGID window seat
Date night hair.
Flavors
We ate grilled oysters, flap steak with roasted veggies in chimichurri, and house made fettuccine carbonara. We drank Bucket Brewery Prudence & Patience Rosehip gose. Everything was delicious. I am embarrassed to say that I had never had an oyster before last night. I know, I know, a sin considering we've lived in The Ocean State for going on 4 years.  But guys, I loved them! 

Prices
It wasn't the most expensive or the least. Beers were $8.00 each, oysters were $14.00 for six, my half serving of pasta was $13.00, and I don't know what T's steak was...around $25.00? 

Slow Service
There were only three people working the whole restaurant. It isn't big but it was a Friday night during restaurant week and that meant it was busy. We had a reservation for 8, no problem there. Sat for almost ten minutes before our drink order was taken. Then another 15 before we ordered food. Then another twenty at least before our app came. When dinner finally came I was starving. The servers were so so nice. They were hustling but were no match for the crowd. 

Window Seat
This is my own damn fault because we had two choices for tables when we walked in: the window and the interior table closer to the bathroom. I should've gone for the potty seat. The windows at Cook & Brown are beautiful floor to ceiling specimens that are def. not energy efficient. I put my wool coat on which helped but T in his manliness had nothing but a sweatshirt so he froze his butt off.

Would I go back? Sure. This winter. Nah, I'll wait for summer temps and a seat at the bar. 


Comments

Popular Posts