Providence Bagel

A Saturday off...wahoooo! Spent the day running fun errands (which you can track on my instagram @mrsbonvec) and cooking for a girls night in. What a perfect time to try out the new bagel joint in town! During the week the location of Providence Bagel does pose a problem in terms of access. It is on North Main St. which is a very busy, four lane, one way section of town. Not the easiest area to whip around just to get a bagel. Anywho, I happened to be coming from the right direction this time.

First, parking is fine, not great. Mostly because they were so busy that the lot was full and all the street spots nearest were full. It didn't end up mattering because they have a drive through. Yep, super convenient. It took a long time for anyone to come take my order so they must have been busy inside too. I ordered an everything bagel with garden veggie cream cheese. Pretty basic, I think. And it was, just pretty basic. Just like the parking, the bagel was fine, but not great. Did it taste good? Sure.

My problems with it were that 1. They didn't ask if I wanted it toasted, and then toasted it. I don't want my bagel toasted. 2. They didn't cut it down the middle. I mean it was sliced open and shmeared with cream cheese, but then left in a full circle for me to gnaw through. Clearly there are bigger issues in the world than the characteristics of my bagel...I know I know.


Going forward, if I'm craving a bagel in Providence I'll probably go to Bagel Gourmet or Cafe Such A Bagel .


Comments

Popular Posts